MISC Root does custom orders! See something you like, but want to change the color or design? Send me a message at root.michelle@gmail.com
& I'll create something just for you!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hand Woven, Mud Dyed Cotton Scarves

These beautiful hand woven cotton scarves are dyed through a process called "mud dipping," a centuries old process using numerous applications of various plant juices, teas and mud to dye the hand woven cotton cloth. It helps to fix and strengthen  natural color on cotton.

The ability of natural dyes to color textiles has been known since ancient times. Natural dyes are renewable, biodegradable, more environmentally friendly and have less waste. An array of colors can be achieved by using different roots, nuts, and flowers, such as a red dye made from the roots of the Rubia tinctorum, or blue indigo dye from the leaves of Indigofera tinctoria.

Each scarf is roughly 68" long by 19" wide and MISC Root has very limited quantities available for purchase in a variety of natural colors. For complete scarf descriptions and pictures, as well as pricing information, email MISC Root at root.michelle@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi from your newest follower... I just found your blog on the Strut Your Stuff etsy team discussion page. I love the scarf at the bottom. It is just beautiful. I'm trying to visit as many of the blogs on the thread as I can :) Please visit and follow my blog, too! <3jenna(saurus)
    http://jennasaurusfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete