MISC Root does custom orders! See something you like, but want to change the color or design? Send me a message at root.michelle@gmail.com
& I'll create something just for you!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hmong Embroidered Artwork


This unique, one-of-a-kind piece of artwork was created by framing a piece of hand-embroidered Hmong patchwork art, hand selected at a handicraft market by MISC Root during a recent trip to Laos.  Typically, the Hmong artists turn panels such as this into quilts, aprons and other household items, but I thought the pieces were unique and special just by themselves, so I requested to purchase a few before they could turn them into something else. Each scenery panel took the artist about 5-days to hand stitch, varying in color, size and style.

Only four pieces available. Each hand-embroidered panel is roughly 10" by 10", framed in a floating 14" black picture frame, ready to hang.

To see pictures of each piece, go to http://www.etsy.com/listing/67790622/hmong-embroidered-scenery-artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment